TAG ME

VOCALIST





i am what i am. the past is what made me.

the future is what awaits me.

the present is what molds me.

i live to LAUGH, to THINK, and to LOVE.

show me a man who doesn't know how to laugh, and i'll show you a man with a tag around his dead toe...

show me a man who disregards knowledge and wisdom, and i'll show you an oyster's shell empty of its treasure.

show me a man who doesn't know how to love, and i'll show you a statue; an object that knows no time, no thought, no emotion.

BANDMATES
Natsuhime
Golda
My Friendster Account!
Exponential Complexity
Elizel
Apreal
Dean
Barry
Smurf

PAST GIGS
2006-10-15
2006-10-22
2006-10-29
2006-11-05
2006-11-12
2006-11-26
2006-12-17
2006-12-31
2007-01-07
2007-01-14
2007-01-28
2007-02-04
2007-02-11
2007-02-18
2007-02-25
2007-04-01
2007-04-22
2007-06-17
2007-06-24
2007-07-08
2007-07-15
2007-07-22

CREDITS
skin by
golda :)

Monday, July 16, 2007
A PURPOSE.

DAY THREE
THINKING ABOUT MY PURPOSE

POINT TO PONDER: Living on purpose is the path to peace.
VERSE TO REMEMBER: "You, LORD, give perfect peace to those who keep their purpose firm and put their trust in you." Isaiah 26:3 (TEV)
QUESTION TO CONSIDER: What would my family and friends say is the driving force of my life? What do I want it to be?

In answer to the question, my family would say that the driving force of my life is to become financially secure, find the perfect mate, build a happy home and raise wonderful children. My friends would say that the driving force of my life is to become ultra successful. I say that the driving force of my life is to become so rich that I'd never have to work ever again.

But obviously, all these are for all the wrong reasons. A verse from Ecclesiastes 4:4 says: I observed that the basic motive for success is the driving force of envy and jealousy! I find this true. For so long, I wished that I would become so successful in my future. For so long, I've always tried to please everyone around me especially my parents. For so long, I have given up almost everything that I am passionate about just so I could give way to the more "practical" decisions. But for so long, I have felt EMPTY...

The book cites 5 most common circumstances, values, and emotions that can drive a person's life:
1. Many people are driven by guilt. In my past, there have been many mistakes that I had regretted doing for quite a long time. I kept punishing myself for that. The time when I came home to my parents drunk from a friend's birthday party (which I totally ruined coz I made a scene. I'm so sorry...), I felt totally awful. Since then, I stayed at home. I didn't even bother to ask my parents if I could attend a social gathering where I was invited. I would turn it down myself. I felt that I didn't deserve to go. But I have let this guilt go now. Sure, there were other mistakes and I know that there will be even more. I just hope that I would be able to not regret the decisions I make and take it all in stride. Learn from it, then move on. God specializes in giving people a fresh start. The Bible says, "What happiness for those whose guilt has been forgiven! What relief for those who have confessed their sins and God has cleared their record (The Purpose Driven Life).
2. Many people are driven by resentment and anger. I don't know if I am. But I am certain that there is a big part of me that is hurting. There is a great storm brewing inside of me. Once, I have let it out and it proved to have a very devastating effect. I was scared of myself, of what I am capable of doing when I was angry. I thought that I was able to forgive these trespasses and have let go of them. Apparently not because it has resurrected and it's slowly eating me away. For your own sake, learn from it, and then let it go. The Bible says, "To worry yourself to death with resentment would be a foolish, senseless thing to do (The Purpose Driven Life)."
3. Many people are driven by fear. Yes, I am one of them. I fear the future -- my future. I feel scared whenever I think that someday I'd be a failure, I'd end up broke, I'd die all alone. Fear is a self-imposed prison that will keep you from becoming what God intends for you to be. You must move against it with the weapons of faith and love. The Bible says, "Well-formed love banishes fear. Since fear is crippling, a fearful life--fear of death, fear of judgment--is one not yet fully formed in love (The Purpose Driven Life)."
4. Many people are driven by materialism. This echoes throughout my entry. Your value is not determined by your valuables, and God says the most valuable things in life are not things! Real security can only be found in that which can never be taken from you--your relationship with God (The Purpose Driven Life).
5. Many people are driven by the need for approval. That holds true for me. I get hurt so easily and secretly cry so much whenever I feel that someone is disappointed in me or does not approve of what I say or do (especially my parents). I want to please them so much that I ended up losing myself in the process. One key to failure is to try to please everyone. Jesus said, "No one can serve two masters (The Purpose Driven Life)."

Through all these, I should keep in mind the following 5 benefits of purpose-driven living:
1. Knowing your purpose gives meaning to your life. Hope is essential to your life as air and water. You need hope to cope. "God is able to do far more than we would ever dare to ask or even dream of-- infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, or hopes." (The Purpose Driven Life)
2. Knowing your purpose simplifies your life. Your purpose becomes the standard you use to evaluate which activities are essential and which aren't. You simply ask, "Does this activity help me fulfill one of God's purposes for my life?" The Bible says, " A pretentious, showy life is an empty life; a plain and simple life is a full life." (The Purpose Driven Life)
3. Knowing your purpose focuses your life. It concentrates your effort and energy on what's important. You become effective by being selective. The Bible says, "Don't live carelessly, unthinkingly. Make sure you understand what the Master wants." If you want your life to have impact, focus it! Stop dabbling. Stop trying to do it all. Do less. Prune away even good activities and do only that which matters most. Never confuse activity with productivity. (The Purpose Driven Life)
4. Knowing your purpose motivates your life. Purpose always produces passion. Nothing energizes like a clear purpose. On the other hand, passion dissipates when you lack a purpose. It is usually meaningless work, not overwork, that wears us down, saps our strength, and robs our joy. George Bernard Shaw wrote, "This is the true joy of life: the being used up for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; being a force of nature instead of a feverish, selfish little clot of ailments and grievances, complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy." (The Purpose Driven Life)
5. Knowing your purpose prepares you for eternity. You weren't put on earth to be remembered. You were put here to prepare for eternity. The Bible says, " Remember, each of us will stand personally before the judgment seat of God... Yes, each of us will have to give a personal account to God." From the Bible we can surmise that God will ask us two crucial questions: First, "What did you do with my Son, Jesus Christ?"... did you accept what Jesus did for you and did you learn to love and trust him> Jesus said, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." Second, "What did you do with what I gave you?" What did you do with your life--all the gifts, talents, opportunities, energy, relationships and resources God gave you? Did you spend them on yourself, or did you use them for the purposes God made you for? (The Purpose Driven Life)